Adrenal Stress Quiz - Bruce's Roots
Everyone is talking about the adrenal glands and for good reason. We live in a society where the majority of people are in a rush, anxious, work long hours and stressed. Exercise is great for the body, but I often see people with adrenal stress that are working out too much, which makes their symptoms worse. Shift workers, especially those working night shifts, will impact their circadian rhythm and cortisol levels by being awake when they should be asleep. This way of life takes a toll on the body and can impact your hormones, thyroid health, energy level and more.
The adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys and are responsible for over 50 hormones in the body including adrenaline, cortisol, DHEA, progesterone and testosterone. They work synergistically with the hypothalamus and pituitary gland known as the HPA-axis. I could write an entire blog post on adrenal gland functions, and I will, but let's get to the quiz!
TAKE THIS QUIZ
- Is it hard for you to get out of bed in the morning?
- Do you get a second wind of energy later at night?
- Do you rely on caffeine in the morning for an energy boost?
- Have you gained weight, specifically in the mid section?
- Are you tired throughout the entire day?
- Do circumstances you used to be able to handle now cause stress and easily overwhelm you?
- Are you eating often and still find yourself hungry?
- Do you have a difficult time falling asleep?
- Has your memory declined or do you experience 'brain fog?'
- Do you have a low sex drive?
- Do you crave salty food?
- Have you recently developed allergies or are you experiencing symptoms more frequently?
- Do you experience muscle weakness?
- Do you feel better when you combine high carbohydrate meals with protein and fat?
- Are you getting sick frequently?
Did you answer yes to the majority of the questions? If so, then you may be experiencing adrenal stress. Don't fret, it's good to be aware of this to make small yet impactful changes in your life. As a previous full time police dispatcher working 2 days and 2 nights a week, I experienced these symptoms first hand. If I don't take care of myself, I notice changes mentally, physically and emotionally. I'm guilty of living a busy stressful life and each day I work towards balance. I dream of it!
I see adrenal gland imbalances, among many others, during a blood analysis appointment. Book an appointment with me so we can discuss solutions to improve your energy levels, boost your immune system and balance hormones. For a $10 discount on your initial consultation, mention this article. (Valid for appointments in August and September with Jordan).
Jordan of Bruce's Roots