Tofino Breakfast Bowl - Bruce's Roots
I had planned on having amazing sleeps in Tofino and ultimate relaxation post Holistic Nutrition Board exam, but sometimes life doesn't go as planned and you just have to roll with it. The first night my pup, Zoey, was super anxious and whined from 3 to 730 am, the next time construction woke me, the one after that somebody's cell. My dog will usually sleep soundly, until breakfast at 6 am, but if there's a new noise or an alarm goes off, she is ready to start her day.
To boost my tired self and and enjoy down time, I'd start each morning with lemon water and a delicious blended matcha latte with coconut butter and adaptogens. An hour later, I would enjoy breakfast, photograph it then eat haha. The beautiful picture above was inspired by my dad as he loves adding coconut yogurt to the bottom of the bowl then adding a smoothie and toppings. I tweaked it to include more warming properties for my vata dosha. If you want to do your Ayurveda Dosha quiz here is my fav site: click here!
LET'S GET TO THE RECIPE!
This recipe has a kick from the ginger, very refreshing because of the lemon slice, super nutritious and most definitely filling from the protein and healthy fats.
I intentionally brought Pranin Smoothie Booster packs with me because they are so high in nutrients: fibre, Iron, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Vitamin B's and more. They are vegan, gluten-free, organic and made from whole food ingredients. This is NOT a paid post!
As per usual, I love making food without a measuring cup so here are some estimates. You can't mess this stuff up.
- Non dairy yogurt, I like Yoso unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp acai Powder,
- 1 - 1.5 cups organic frozen blueberries
- Ginger knob
- True organic cinnamon
- 1 organic lemon slice, I leave peel on
- 1-2 tbsp flax, whole
- Water to blend
- 2 organic ripe bananas, more to top is optional
- 2 scoops plant protein powder, vanilla
- non dairy milk to blend
- Pranin Berry Banana Smoothie Booster
(20% off with code brucesroots)
- Toppings of choice
- Put the dairy free yogurt of choice in bowls
- Make the first smoothie by adding acai, blueberries, ginger knob, lemon, cinnamon, flax and water to blend. Add to one side of the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender: 2-3 bananas, protein powder, Pranin Banana Berry Smoothie Booster, non dairy milk to blend. Add to the other half.
- Top with granola, or seeds, nut butter, nuts, edible flowers or even chocolate as a treat! I think that is it : )
I love you guys, Thank you so much for following along. I hope to meet you during a consultation, on the trails or out in the community. I will be organizing more events starting this summer so stay tuned.
BA, LBA, RHN Candidate
Full disclosure: Jordan is a Pranin Organic affiliate. A small fee is rewarded when a referral occurs. This post is not sponsored or paid for.